Part One ? Principles of Pain Management
1. The Ethics of Pain Management
2. Physiology and Pathophysiology of Pain
3. Pain and Stress
4. Definitions of Terms Describing Pain
Part Two ? Recognition and Evaluation of Pain
5. Pain Behaviors
6. Objective, Categoric Methods for Assessing Pain and Analgesia
Part Three ? Therapy for the Alleviation of Pain
7. Pharmacologic Principles and Pain: Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics
8. Drugs Used to Treat Pain
10. Nonsteroidal Antiinflammatory Drugs
12. Local Anesthetics
14. Other Drugs Used to Treat Pain
15. Local and Regional Anesthetic Techniques for Alleviation of Perioperative Pain
16. Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) for Pain Management in Veterinary Patients
Part Four ? Acute and Chronic Pain Management
17. Selecting Analgesic Drugs and Routes of Drug Administration
18. Acute Pain Management: A Case-Based Approach
19. Chronic Pain Management: A Case-Based Approach
20. Drug Antagonism and Antagonists
21. Cancer Pain Management
22. Pain Management in the Cat NEW!
23. Pain Management in Horses and Cattle
24. Pain Management for the Pet Bird NEW!
25. Clinical Approaches to Analgesia in Reptiles NEW!
26. Clinical Approach to Analgesia in Ferrets and Rabbits NEW!
27. Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation in Dogs NEW!
28. Rehabilitation Methods and Modalities for the Cat NEW!
29. Quality of Life Issues NEW!
30. Hospice and Palliative Care NEW!