Here is an exciting new guide to the use of PET-CT imaging in radiotherapy. You?ll get practical, useful information for utilizing this novel imaging technique?from different methods for contouring biological target volumes in various anatomic regions to how different experts use this imaging in targeted treatment. This thorough text helps you make concise, accurate treatment choices based on current evidence and expert authority. The result is an essential tool for everyone on the radiotherapy treatment team in the era of image-guided radiotherapy.
- Helps familiarize you with the basics of PET imaging in nuclear medicine.
- Covers the use of PET-CT with radiotherapy treatment planning, offering practical guidance in how different experts use this relatively new technology.
- Highlights contrast using full-color images, clearly indicating target volumes and different radiation dosages.
- Outlines the advantages and disadvantages of different techniques in contouring PET-CT target volumes for radiotherapy.
- Features case illustrations in using PET-CT in radiotherapy treatment planning for different tumor sites.