Smart Advice on how yoga can enhance emotional, physical, and spiritual well-being
Smart Ways to relieve stress, strengthen your body, prevent and treat illness, and boost your stamina and energy
Smart Tips on what yoga style is right for you, with step-by-step instructions on the poses that best suit your lifestyle and goals
* Smart Strategies to release physical tension and mental stress with the slow, gentle movements, poses, and breathing techniques of hatha yoga
* Smart Insights into the six branches of yoga, each a different experience in movement and meditation
* Smart Advice on yoga as alternative medicine to heal heart disease, chronic pain, arthritis, and other illnesses
* Smart Tips on finding a class and teacher that best suit your needs and will help you develop your own yoga practice
* Quick reading and easy referencing with lots of photos, a comprehensive index, and loads of sidebars and sources
Smart Guides take readers seriously. They satisfy even the most curious person's desire to know the essentials about any of a wide range of topics--from vitamins to mutual funds to stress relief.
It's all about good reading and expert information. The choice is yours. Stephanie Levin-Gervasi is a writer specializing in health and family matters. She is the author of The Back Pain Sourcebook and has practiced yoga for more than twenty years. She lives in San Francisco.