Designed to teach you to think like an experienced clinician, this unique resource places as much value on process as it does on content. A case-based organization hones in on the must-know differential diagnoses of the common surgical presentations. Its convenient pocket-sized format enables you to review the material on the go, and online access via Student Consult enhances your study of the material and exponentially boosts your reference power.
- Provides high-yield core information essential to surgical rotations in a portable, pocket-sized format.
- Uses a color-coded system that places the core surgical information in a framework of the ACGME Core Competencies.
- Offers self-assessment activities throughout to promote retention and application of knowledge, including access on line to your own competency-based portfolio tools and competency-specific learning modules (Vertical Reads).
- Features ACGME Core Competencies enabling you to integrate evidence based medicine, continual self-assessment, and cognizance of interpersonal skills into your daily routine.
- Includes features such as ?Speaking Intelligently” and ?Clinical Thinking” in each chapter to help you see the ?big picture.”
- Organizes the most common and must-know surgical signs/symptoms and disorders by presentation, making reference simple.
- Presents ?Teaching Visuals”?an interactive teaching device designed to reinforce visual concepts.
- Equips you to perform a more in-depth review of surgical topics with ?Clinical Entities” that are referenced to top surgical references.
- Includes access to Student Consult at www.studentconsult.com, where you'll find the complete text and illustrations of the book online, fully searchable ? "Integration Links" to bonus content in other Student Consult titles ? M&M form ? Self-Assessment Competency Log ? Professors Pearls that provide cases with questions and annotated answers ? Vertical Reads ? and much more!