In a thought-provoking and entertaining exploration of The Five Biggest Ideas in Science, authors Charles Wynn and Arthur Wiggins provide a panoramic view of the questions scientists seek to answer about the natural world:
- Do basic building blocks of matter exist, and if so, what do they look like?
- BIG IDEA #1: Physics' Model of the Atom
- What relationships, if any, exist among different kinds of atoms?
- BIG IDEA #2: Chemistry's Periodic Law
- Where did the atoms of the universe come from,and what is their destiny?
- BIG IDEA #3: Astronomy's Big Bang Theory
- How is the matter of the universe arranged in planet Earth?
- BIG IDEA #4: Geology's Plate Tectonics Model
- How did life on planet Earth originate and develop?
- BIG IDEA #5: Biology's Theory of Evolution
Get set for a lively and informative discussion, as you also learn how to evaluate potential applications of these and other scientific ideas.